News
31st January 2017
ESDi collaborates with the City Hall of Sabadell in the creation of its own city brand.

In an event that took place today, Tuesday 31 January, at the Main Theater in Sabadell, the City Hall of Sabadell has presented the project carried out in collaboration with the School of Design ESDi with the aim of boosting a city brand own.

The event was attended by Ms. Marisol Martínez, Deputy Mayor, Mr. Antoni Garrell, Director General of the Foundation for ESDi (FUNDIT) and Dr. Encarna Ruiz, ESDi Knowledge Transfer Unit and one of the main responsible for the project.

The objective of the City Hall of Sabadell is to provide the city with a common story that enhances the collective identity, which is representative and lasting in time and in which it also involves the citizens and also generates a sense of belonging.

In the process of creating the city brand, it is necessary to seek the complicity of all territorial agents and, in this sense, the conceptualization, design and execution project of the brand, promoted from the Area of ​​Promotion of the City and Participation, Has been in charge of FUNDIT, foundation of the ESDi Higher School of Design, which has a team of search of multidisciplinary professionals and with previous experiences in the development of social and economic studies.

The FUNDIT has foreseen that the construction of the story of the city and the conceptualization of the brand will be carried out in 3 differentiated phases.

At this point the first has already been set in motion and consists, on the one hand, in the realization of different Focus Group with different groups representative of the city; Passing through a citizen survey that is already active in Consensus and that can be answered until next February 12 and, finally, a series of in-depth interviews with people from different areas of the city.

Once the conclusions of the first phase have been approved, it will be necessary to start designing the analysis phase of the message and the city’s own image through an account that impregnates credibility and feeling of belonging. It will be at this moment when concrete actions will be proposed and a communication campaign will be designed with the agents involved and the citizens. The third phase will be the implementation of the project itself.


The project, which has a lead time of six months, has an initial budget of 40,000 euros, of which FUNDIT contributes 55% and the City Hall the remaining 45%.